Northumberland Scouts are in a position to advertise the role of Team ACC Scout Network.
Please email County Commissioner, Peter Thorp for more information or to apply for the role. [email protected]
Closing date for applicants is Sunday 6th November.
Outline: To work in partnership with the County Commissioner to ensure effective operation of the Scout Network section in their County, in accordance with the Purpose, Principles and Policies of The Scout Association.
Responsible to: County Commissioner
Main Contacts: County Commissioner, Assistant County Commissioner (Explorer Scouts), District Commissioners, District Network Scout Commissioner, Programme Coordinator(s), District Explorer Scout
Commissioners, District Explorer Scout Administrator, Scout Network Members, Local Youth Commissioners, Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Adviser, Queen’s Scout Award Coordinator, Assistant County Commissioners (Scout Network) from other Counties.
Appointment Requirements: Must successfully complete the appointment process (including acceptable personal enquiries and acceptance of The Scout Association’s policies). During the five months of Provisional Appointment the relevant Getting Started modules must be completed. A Wood Badge must be completed within three years of Full Appointment, and ongoing safety and safeguarding training.
It’s expected that whilst volunteering for this role you will undertake regulated activity.
Developing a quality Scout Network provision across the County:
- Maintain and grow the Scout Network across the County.
- Ensure that a quality Scout Network programme is carried out throughout the County.
- Ensure that Awards are robustly and consistently assessed, including signing certificate request forms for Scout Network Members (Queen’s Scout Award, Explorer Belt, Scouts of the World Award).
- Maintain a working relationship with District Commissioners, District Scout Network Commissioners, Programme Coordinators, and other Commissioners in the County, particularly providing support in
matters relating to the Scout Network Section.
- Collaborate with District Scout Networks to devise County projects, activities and programme experiences that can be made available to all Scout Network members across the County and, where applicable, beyond the County.
- Work in partnership with the County Commissioner and County Team in the management of the County Scout Network provision.
- Support the County Commissioner and County Training Manager with the learning needs of Leaders and Commissioners in the Scout Network section.
- Maintain contact with relevant local community groups linked to the Scout Network age group or programme themes, including promoting Scout Network to the local community.
Supporting District Scout Networks:
- Ensure that there is a District Scout Network in each District.
- Support the recruitment and induction of District Scout Network Commissioners, including supporting their training.
- Support District Scout Network Commissioners in ensuring that a safe, exciting and stimulating programme is available to Scout Network Members in their District.
- Run regular meetings with District Scout Network Commissioners, and Programme Coordinators as appropriate.
- Ensure positive links between District Scout Networks in the County are developed and maintained.
- Promote, encourage and support good relationships between District Scout Network Commissioners, District Explorer Scout Commissioners, Explorer Scout Leaders and District Explorer Scout Administrators. Maintain a good relationship with the Assistant County Commissioner (Explorer Scouts). In particular this is to enable and encourage the moving on process from Explorer Scouts, including Young Leaders, to the Scout Network.
Wider County Tasks:
- Support the County Commissioner in the development of the County.
- Ensure that interaction between District Scout Networks and the UK Scout Network is maintained.
- Attend and contribute to relevant County meetings. These may include meetings of the County Team, meetings held by the Assistant County Commissioner (Explorer Scouts), other meetings at County, Region or National level as well as meetings with District Scout Network Commissioners.
- Develop relationships with external bodies in the County, in order to enhance the Scout Network programme.
- Other tasks agreed with the County Commissioner